Monday, November 8, 2010

Be Still My Soul

"Be still, my soul:
the waves and winds
still know His voice
Who ruled them
while He dwelt below."






I love that song. It brings me so much comfort. I find myself singing it sometimes, and love pondering over its words. My message today is simple. Life is rough. It was meant to be. Honestly, I would not know at all what the Savior and His gospel truly mean if I hadn't had gone through some of those really really difficult times... Looking back, I am grateful for every hardship I have had, they've taught me who I am, and where I can turn for peace. They have forced me to re-evaluate my foundation. 

    And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the arock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your bfoundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty cstorm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall. 

Enough said... Really. Life will get hard. No matter how scary it can seem sometimes though, if we turn to our master, and rely on him, He will help us through. I know that if you have built your foundation on Christ, it really doesn't matter what happens to you. You will be able to take courage in knowing that there are great rewards if you endure your trials well. I know He has suffered through it all, and been where I've been, no matter where that is. Because of that, He is able to help me. Take courage in the journey, for just as the song says, the waves and winds still know His voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment