Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Come unto Christ

This invitation has begun to run my life. It has become my everything. Everywhere I go, everyone I meet... More and more it seems that I have been driving myself to take it as well. It is the most important thing we could ever do, for it is truly how God shapes us into who he wants us to be. It doesn't matter who we are, or where we are at, we are all imperfect, unrefined ore.

The only perfect being who ever came to earth died so he could experience and overcome our weaknesses. With all His perfection he is able to extend mercy to us, even in our imperfections. For a long time, I thought of it only as Him just paying my debt of sin... Now, he does that. He'll cover our tab. But there is much, much more to it than that. We need to be perfect in everything, as Christ himself tells us to do so.

aBe ye therefore bperfect, even as your cFather which is in heaven is dperfect. (Matthew 5:48)

Weakness is something inherent in all human beings. None of us are perfect, nor can we do all things. But God is perfect. Christ was too. He wants us to become like Him, and the only way we can is through Christ. Moroni's invitation to all is, "acome unto Christ, and be bperfected in him, and cdeny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and dlove God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be eperfect in Christ" (Moroni 10:32)

As a representative of Christ, I echo Moroni's words. Come unto Christ. Be humble, follow his commandments, repent and be baptized. We are clay waiting to be molded, and only God can show us our flaws. Through the Holy Ghost, we can be guided as we chip away at our weaknesses, and become the masterpiece we are all destined to become. Christ can change us, but only if we let Him.

I know, as one who is on the journey, that it will not always be easy. Indeed, the more I travel, the more I realize I alone am not fit for the trail. I am weak. Truth be told, we are all weak. We will at times feel as though we are lost and hopeless. Don't get discouraged, our leader is strong, even "mighty to save." (Alma 34:18) The words etched by the ancient prophet bring new light of hope to those who, like me, might only see flaws and blemishes.

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their aweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)"

I testify that Christ is our King, our Redeemer. We are fallen, but can all progress as we come to him. Slowly and gently He will mold and purify us until one day we will be the realization of the vision He had when He chose us. Come unto Christ, and become perfected in the Mater's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment