Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Greatest Gift Ever Given...

"Greater alove hath no man than this, that a man lay down his blife for his cfriends. " John 15:13

Being a missionary, I am always talking about Jesus Christ. My whole purpose in my calling is to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, and spread the wonderful news to everyone I come in contact with so that thier lives can be... well, better! I share the message of God's gift to us... How we can have everything he wants for us... If Heavenly Father himself were to give you the greatest gift He could, would you take it?

That gift I'm talking about is Jesus Christ, or more specifically Christ giving up his own life for us. Simply put, He gave it up so that we dont have to suffer shame or guilt for the mistakes we make. He gave it up so that we as humans can be forgiven and have those burdens lifted. He gave it up so that all of us can find a way to be happy, not only in this life, but after as well. Through his suffering, we can live with our Father in heaven and families forever if we but seek forgivness and follow Christ. The gift was given to all (2 Nephi 9:21), He denies none... But what does He expect of us to be able to claim those blessings?

The prophet Nephi describes what we need to do in verse 23 of chapter 9 (2 Nephi 9:23). Specifically, Nephi says that we need to repent and be baptized. When we do, we recognize our sins and weaknesses and make a promise to God to always try and do better. As we slip up and sin, we pick ourselves back up and move forward, constantly recommitting ourselves to be better. All of us are imperfect. We all have things we can change about ourselves to better align our lives with God's will for us. As we do, we will begin to feel the goodness and mercy of God, replacing feelings of guilt with love. We will also be able to feel the Holy Ghost more in our lives, and be able to hear His direction for us.

I am so thankful for what Jesus Christ did for me. I cannot imagine what life would be like if I had to live with the burdens of my mistakes forever. I am living proof that as you seek for change, and turn to God and repent, forgiveness will come. Anyone who takes up this challange and truely strives to follow Christ will add more light to thier life, and ultimately be a happier person. You will enable God to bless you, and I promise that He will. I know because I've done it, and have seen the incredible change in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment