Friday, December 17, 2010

The Power of a Testimony

The Power of a Testimony can never be overlooked. Every single day I have the wonderful opportunity of sharing knowledge I have gained through inspiration from the Holy Ghost. Being a missionary, I get to see a lot of testimonies being borne, however usually they spring from my companion or I. Despite the frequency of testimonies, I am still astounded how effectively testimonies invite the spirit. It is a wonderful gift when someone, be it friend of years or someone I recently met, shares his or her testimony, and I too get to feel the power of their words. I would like to share a testimony that was recently borne to me that struck me with great force.

"[Elder Vomocil] my friend, I know that this church is true. I know that Jesus Christ is my redeemer and the best news is he lives. I know that i have a father in heaven who lives as well and whose love for me is so strong that I can never fully comprehend it. I even know that I was set aside from my family to join this church and was protected by my God. I know that God invites everyone to repent and would gladly grant forgiveness and that forgiveness is possible only through our savior Jesus Christ. I know that the days of revelation are not over nor did they end. That god speaks to us through the holy ghost. I know that I and all can be saved as long as we believe that Jesus is the Christ and be obedient to his word. God gave us a prophet. His name was Joseph Smith. I know that he was called of God to usher in and translate the book of mormon. I know that this gospel is true"

I am and will be forever grateful for the testimonies that have been borne to me, but this one was especially powerful. Hopefully you all can feel the power of the Holy Ghost bearing witness to you the truth of everything that was said. Truly it is as Matthew Describes it in verse 20 of chapter 10,

 "For it is not ye that speak, but the aSpirit of your Father which speaketh in you"

A testimony is found and strengthened when one shares it. It's strange, but I testify to you that it is true. I would invite everyone who reads this to share with someone their testimony of what the Holy Ghost has showed them is true. You will not only find the blessing of a stronger testimony, but will bless the lives of all those who hear it. Lastly, I want to thank this special friend of mine who shared their testimony with me. It was recorded by angels in heaven, and will forever be remembered in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment