Thursday, December 9, 2010

President Henry B. Eyring, "The Gift of a Savior"




This past weekend, I had the opportunity to start off the christmas season by watching the First Presidency's christmas devotional. I have always loved being able to listen to prophets, but this talk really stoof out to me. In a world where Christmas is becoming more and more commercialized, President Eyring truly helped me refocus on what this wonderful time of year is all about; the birth and gift of our Savior Jesus Christ. I just love the spirit President Eyring brings, and his powerful testimony of our Savior. It made me wonder how I can better show to my Heavenly Father that I appreciate such a grand gift.

I know that Jesus Christ lived and died for me. Knowing that has really helped me through the most intense and crazy parts of my own life, where I didn't feel as if I could make it through by myself. Because of those times, I know that faith in Him can help you through all your hard times as well. This Christmas season, I would invite you all to take a little extra time to remember Him, and find ways in your own life to better show Heavenly Father how much you appreciate this wonderful gift. All He wants of us is to come unto him and repent (2 Nephi 26: 27) I know if we all do, we will soon be able to realize the wonderful blessing the Herald Angels sang of so long ago, "Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace, good will toward men" (Luke 2:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment